Some great reasons to get a dog!
- Companionship - What better companion than a dog, who will always be by your side come rain or shine.
- Stress relief - Dogs provide stress relief for all kinds of stress for all people/kids, all ages.
- Exercise - dogs need exercise to channel their energy away from destructive behaviors. Come rain or shine, the dog has to go for a walk!
- Unconditional love - whichever way you treat your dog, he will always have love for you. no judgement.
- Companion for Children - Children who grow up with a loving pet, have better socialization, stress handling skills and empathy towards other people and animals. Dont get one because your children ask for a pet. They will soon leave for schools and their other interests. The dog will be your pet and your kids' friend.
- Lessons of life - patience, compassion and responsibility. Caring for the dog and dealing with his training, bad habits, needs are the lessons in patience and responsibility you need to be a good and compassionate human being!
- Joy! - whats better than a dog meeting you after work with the same enthusiasm, licks and love, day after day! everyday!
And if you do decide to get a dog.. ADOPT one from from local animal shelter or dog rescues around you.
You can find puppies and purebreds in rescues too, because people get dogs on a whim and a day/week/month later, dump them in a shelter or a rescue.
Please Adopt!! Dont Breed or Buy while shelter pets die!
6-8 million pets are euthanized each year in the US. Thats more than 20,000 per day.
For Adoptions in the US, please go to http://www.petfinder.com/index.html
You can search by breed, age, sex and distance from you.
For Adoptions in India, please see http://find-me-a-happy-pet.blogspot.com/p/adopt-in-india.html