There are all sorts of volunteer opportunities at local shelters, rescues and Humane Societies !
Listed below are a few examples
- Foster parents for dogs and cats. Give the dogs and cats stressed by the kennels a home
- Weekend Foster parents. If you cannot be a full time foster parent, you ca be a weekend getaway for the ones who have been in the cages/kennels for too long. Even with volunteers around, the animals get only a few hours of human contact and have to deal with a lot of stressful energy of all animals around them.
- Admissions Assistant: Assist our Admissions staff in the daily operation of the Admissions Department. Clean cages, feed animals, monitor the lost and found animal reports, restock supplies etc.
- Boarding Reception
- Grooming and exercising volunteers
- Socialization volunteers: Spend and hour or 2 on the weekend to meet and greet with the dogs and socialize them. A socialized dog becomes less shy or aggressive and its adoptability rises exponentially
- Dog Behavior: Volunteers provide exercise, mental stimulation, training and socialization to dogs available for adoption on a daily basis.
- Small Animal Assistant
- Photography and web maintenance.
- Event Management: All rescues and shelters have adoption or fundraising events which need a lot of management help
- Matchmakers and greeters
- And many more!!
Seattle Animal Shelter Opps
Seattle Humane Society Opps
All rescues in Seattle
Just head to a shelter near you and they will find something you can do!!