Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Its the day to Adopt! Chica and Chewie



Chewie, our resident mobster..

I found Chewie on petfinder.com after a couple of months of everyday search!Because of my limitations, I wanted and adult, calm and mostly house trained dog, who was also fun to be with! And look what I found one day! One smarty pants, active, was housetrained but forgot all about it, and attention demanding fluffy hairy cuteness!
I have to look for his picture on petfinder which made me go visit him. I have it backed up somewhere..
Chewie is not the typical lap dog and doesnt like over cuddling. He however loves people and will stick with you for the petting and massaging till your fingers fall out.

When we went to meet him. He was a bit anxious, but he still wanted a lot of petting. He met us with a wagging tail, some licks and a smile!. Vivek took him for a a short walk and a run to see how he does on the leash, and he walked really well on the leash. Since my balance was quite unpredictable those days, I couldn't adopt a dog which could pull me here and there!. Well Chewie was the one! He did not pull and he was a measly 6.6 pounds then.. Of course now is a different and fatter story(10.5 lbs).. He is the cutest, cuddliest, and softest attraction of the house! Hugs and kisses to Chew!


Also, presenting Chica, a pit mix sweet girl, looking for a forever family at the Seattle Animal Shelter! http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/17866956

Hello, my name is Chica. I'll tell you about all myself in just a moment, but first I have a small favor to ask of you. Would you please consider making me your forever dog? I'll be a wonderful addition to any home and most especially yours. Let me tell you why - I'm a two year old female pit bull terrier mix, which makes me a teenager. Like most teenagers, I would benefit from some structure in my life. I'm very friendly, outgoing and athletic, and am also friendly to other dogs, as well as being enthusiastic and confident. Perhaps I could become Miss Congeniality (assuming there's a canine version of that pageant!). You know teenagers, we think we know everything - but there's always more to learn. Plus, training is a great way for us to bond (hey - even though I'm a teenager I'm not too cool for school!). While I do know the basics - 'sit', 'stay', 'drop' and 'down' - I'm still working on 'shake'. I'm not certain whether I should offer my paw, or a malt! With proper motivation, I know I can learn even more great stuff. In my case, that motivation comes in boxes and bags containing treats. I love them and am very interested in doing whatever it takes to get a reward. Another nice habit I have is behaving while I'm being dried off after being in the rain. (I have not mastered using an umbrella yet, maybe you could teach me). Oh, and by the way, I'm very well behaved on a leash. I am somewhat fussy about where I live, as I know you must be. Let me assure you I'm very easy to groom with my short coat. Residential 'must haves' on my list include a feline free zone (cats are not my gig), no children under the age of 13 please, and copious amounts of treats. Let's talk cars for a moment. I love riding in the car but, I prefer not to be the designated driver since canines aren't issued licenses in this state . . . . ! Finally, for those of you who would like to adopt me, but are hesitant because you work all day, don't be concerned. I'm fine on my own for extended periods of time and frequently spend my afternoons watching Judge Judy or reading old copies of People magazine. Click here to see more pictures of me!

Today is Petfinder's Adopt the Internet Day ! Find more information about it here http://www.petfinder.com/info/adopt-the-internet and get your own blog hop! Let us Adopt the Net!!

Petfinder Adopt-the-Internet Day

No comments:

Post a Comment