Steps to take:
- Attend 8-10 meetings, functions, outings, or puppy handling sessions.
- Read the Puppy Raising Manual.
- All family members must show a willingness to learn GDB puppy training techniques and be willing to participate in club activities.
- Fill out all required paperwork for GDB volunteers--
a. Puppy Raising Volunteer Application
b. Puppy Placement Questionnaire
c. Participant Consent and Release Form
d. Agreement to Terms of Service
- Have a house and yard check by your group leaders—
a. Entire family to be present for the house/yard check, including pets
b. Have a safe, fenced yard or dog run for when puppy is outside, with a height of at least 5 feet, or request an exemption and be willing to have the puppy on a leash when outside at all times (approved on a case-by-case basis).
- Puppy-sit for another group member’s puppy.
Things to remember:
- The puppy that you will be raising is a guest in your home and is the property of GDB.
- It is the responsibility of our club to prepare the pups for their return to GDB.
- Everyone in GPS will work together and support each other to ensure that you and the puppy have a successful experience.