Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Adoptable Pet of the Day! Selena


My name is Selena and I am a Chow Chow. Did you know that Chow Chows are also called, "puffy-lion dogs"? I guess that's because we have dense, fluffy coats and lion sized hearts. We are loyal to our families and are very protective of them. The folks at the shelter think I am very beautiful and I actually really liked it when they petted me and commented on my awesome, purple tongue. There is a Chinese legend about how we got our purple tongues. When God was painting the sky , He spilled a few drops of paint as he worked. The Chow Chow followed after, licking up the paint and from that day on, the Chow Chow has had a purple tongue! Isn't that cool? But don't let my interesting family history and good looks fool you, I'm the whole package; smart, independent, and sweet. I had a kind of rough, David Copperfield type of upbringing, so I didn't get a great early start. I didn't have anyone to take me on walks, or teach me cool things like sit, down or how to walk on a leash without pulling. But since I've been here, I discovered nice people and an amazing food called CHEESE! I love cheese! I bet I will learn all kinds of things in no time at all if you give me some CHEESE! I can't wait to find a forever home with someone who knows about the unique personality of Chow Chows, will be a dedicated trainer and give me the TLC that a puffy-lion dog such as myself so greatly deserves. http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/19089619

No comments:

Post a Comment