Monday, January 17, 2011

Pet of the day!

Hi, I am Sammy! Here is my petfinder page 
http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/17419887


Everyone who meets me says that Im one of the cutest and sweetest dogs on the planet! Now thats a compliment! 

I'm an older guy, with a hitch in my hips - recently neutered and missing one eye which had gotten badly infected in my former home. I must admit my hearing isn't what is used to be either. I've recovered nicely from surgery, and really enjoy life in my foster home - especially my foster mommy who made me feel safe when I was waking up from surgery. But I know they like to travel lots, and take long trips - so they can't keep me too much longer. And I know having my very own forever family will be awesome! 

I would love to have a forever family with humans who are home a lot, and adore dogs who like to cuddle. Because of my hip issues, I'd do best in a one level home. Though I'm content on the floor near you, I sure prefer being on a couch, on your lap, or on the bed next to you if you allow me. I like being brushed, and I love an occasional bath in warm water with you massaging doggy shampoo onto me.  I do have a heart condition that requires twice daily meds - but I'm fine with them! 

I only weigh about 20 pounds, and I just hang out and sleep most of the day and through the night as well. I can't take long walks, but do love to romp on level ground (see my short video). My plumbing works best if I eat while shut in my crate, stay there for 20-30 minutes after eating and then immediately go for a short walk. I'm living with a cat now, and I pretty much ignore him. I'd probably be ok living with a calm, older dog, but you know, I'd really prefer to be your only dog so I can have all your love and attention. While I respond well to affection from humans of all ages and sizes, I'd do best in a mellow adult-only home where someone is around most of the day (I need to get out on a regular, consistent schedule to do my business). OK - now you know a bit about me - let's meet!  Adoption  and how to meet me information on my petfinder page!


No comments:

Post a Comment